Saturday 24 September 2016

Disillusioned


I used to think there was a chance,
To change the world for better,
I used to believe in love and romance,
And now I can’t forget her.
I used to write
In search of an answer,
I used to care,
But this world has cancer.

I used to believe in a dream,
That everyone could share,
I used to think that love conquered all,
And all was fair.
I used to sing,
As if it mattered,
But it doesn’t.

I used to be in love,
But I gave it all away,
I used to be in heaven,
But hell is here to stay.

I used to be a lover,
But now I’m just a dream,
I used to be alive,
But now I’m dead it seems.

I used to write,
But Now I reason,
I used to see the light,
But fall is now the season

I used to think there was a chance,
To be what I could be,
But now the curtain is descending,
And it’s getting to hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment