Friday 6 May 2011

Welcome


Welcome to the scene,
The sub-culture of freaks,
And wannabe writers,
Tossing words back and forth,
With reckless abandon,
As if it matters,
Welcome to the dream,
Of the immortal soul,
Dreamt by all who dare,
Approach this fantasy,
This dark void,
As if it matters,
Welcome to the mind,
Such as it is,
Crippled by the baggage,
Of negative memories,
Collectively spewing,
What most people
Keep to themselves.
As if it matters,
Welcome to the heart,
Wounded by pizza,
And fried chicken,
Congested, but free
To beat out it’s own tune,
Welcome my friends,
As if it matters.
Welcome to my humanity,
And this feeble attempt
At self expression,
Hey look at me,
I’ve got something to say, too,
You know,
As if it matters,
Welcome to these words,
I hope you wear them well,
And they surround you
Like your favorite sweater,
Yes, welcome,
As if it matters.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete