Wednesday 29 June 2011

Several Poems.


Fly 

Gather up the missing pieces,
Drop them on my door step,
Trust in the forgiveness,
That awaits.

I do not know your truth,
Only dancing shadows,
Of the guilt you carry,
In your heart.

There are no demons waiting,
Only angels singing,
Longing to embrace,
Your open wounds.

All we are is human,
Frail and imperfect,
Giving birth to knowledge,
Of the soul.

I can only welcome,
Honest sin and folly,
For I know it's a reflection,
Of my own.

Look into your mirror,
Say hi! to truth and fear,
Pass them to me gently,
You are free.

Wake up dear,
You've slept too long,
Tethered to a dream,
Within a cloud.

Thanks for the gymnastics,
No excercise is futile,
Embrace a memory,
and we will fly.

.....
Open Wound 

I've become an open wound,
Sprinkle salt into me,
See the self bleed freely,
Dripping knowledge on the ignorant.

Authenticate your soul,
No one owns it,
Liberate your silent heart,
Hear it beating out in 4/4 time
Wisdom of the ages.

Wash away conformity,
You are what you think,
The key is underneath
The door mat, that is you,
Truth is all that matters
No one loves you, till they know it.

You can spend a life time,
A slave to expectation,
Let it go,
Expect the self,
Be!
..........

Tears 

They do not rinse the pain away,
Do not stop the clock,
Do not listen to opinion,
Will not stop to talk,
They only drain a cavity,
Between the heart and soul,
A mirror made of memory,
Out of your control,
They are a gift,
I think you'll see,
Without which we would drown,
Worth no more than one small smile,
No less than one fresh frown,
Tears just drop because they can,
Flow because they must,
A river beautiful and free,
Everyone can trust,
So next time you see teardrops fall,
Just like they had eyes,
Remember it's so laughs can grow,
In between the cries.
........


Flying 

I'll fly away from me again,
Pretend to never be again,
Over sea to see again,
The other side of pain.

I'll fly toward the east I think,
The west has brought me to the brink,
In search of my own missing link,
To the south of Spain.

I'll fly to where the palm trees sway,
I'll fly to where the dolphins play,
This life makes no sense anyway,
I'll give you what I gain.

I'll fly until the sky runs out,
I'll fly until i have no doubt,
Until I know what I'm about,
I'll fly and fly again.

To you, yes you there sitting still,
Before you take another pill,
Take flight my friends, find the will,
That's it, good bye, the end.


Love is Too Big


Love is too big,
When it’s not what you’re used to,
Love is too small,
When your heart’s torn in two.

Love is just right,
When it doesn’t take effort,
Love is the best,
When it happens to you.

Chorus...

Love is a book,
As good as one gets,
Just like the bible,
Without all the bets.
It’s only one word,
But it says it all,
If you’re without it, my friend,
Well then, get ready to fall.

Love isn’t blind,
It can see twenty twenty,
Love is elusive,
Don’t throw it away,
Love is a feeling
We need for survival,
Love is a friend
At the end of the day.

Chorus...
Love is too big,
When it’s not what you’re used to,
Love is too small,
When your heart’s torn in two,
Love is just right,
When it doesn’t take effort,
And love is the best,
When it happens to you,
Yeah...love is the best,
When it happens to you.


You Can



You can print a thousand poems,
Sing a thousand songs,
Paint a thousand pictures,
And still not get along.

You can talk until your face turns blue,
Plead until you cry,
But then when no one listens,
You wonder why you try.

You can point toward the answers,
Quote from history books,
Talk about solutions,
Without a second look.

You can fight against frustration,
Apathy and lust,
And still find that temptation,
Is all that you can trust.


You can hide behind your heart ache,
Yearning for your youth,
Wishing you had wisdom,
Searching for the truth.


You can dream like all the dreamers,
Without accomplishing,
Pretending that the answer,
Is what tomorrow brings.


For there is no cure for blindness,
For those who will not see,
For what may be my opinion,
For you, just may not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment