Saturday 9 April 2011

Several Poems

Fly 

Gather up the missing pieces,
Drop them on my door step,
Trust in the forgiveness,
That awaits.

I do not know your truth,
Only dancing shadows,
Of the guilt you carry,
In your heart.

There are no demons waiting,
Only angels singing,
Longing to embrace,
Your open wounds.

All we are is human,
Frail and imperfect,
Giving birth to knowledge,
Of the soul.

I can only welcome,
Honest sin and folly,
For I know it's a reflection,
Of my own.

Look into your mirror,
Say hi! to truth and fear,
Pass them to me gently,
You are free.

Wake up dear,
You've slept too long,
Tethered to a dream,
Within a cloud.

Thanks for the gymnastics,
No excercise is futile,
Embrace a memory,
and we will fly.

.....
Open Wound 

I've become an open wound,
Sprinkle salt into me,
See the self bleed freely,
Dripping knowledge on the ignorant.

Authenticate your soul,
No one owns it,
Liberate your silent heart,
Hear it beating out in 4/4 time
Wisdom of the ages.

Wash away conformity,
You are what you think,
The key is underneath
The door mat, that is you,
Truth is all that matters
No one loves you, till they know it.

You can spend a life time,
A slave to expectation,
Let it go,
Expect the self,
Be!
..........

Tears 

They do not rinse the pain away,
Do not stop the clock,
Do not listen to opinion,
Will not stop to talk,
They only drain a cavity,
Between the heart and soul,
A mirror made of memory,
Out of your control,
They are a gift,
I think you'll see,
Without which we would drown,
Worth no more than one small smile,
No less than one fresh frown,
Tears just drop because they can,
Flow because they must,
A river beautiful and free,
Everyone can trust,
So next time you see teardrops fall,
Just like they had eyes,
Remember it's so laughs can grow,
In between the cries.
........



Beauty 

Beauty is
A baby's cry at birth,
A baby's step,
The first,
A mother's touch,
A father's smile,
And forgiveness,
Of self and others.
Beauty is,
Wiping someones tears away,
Hugging, helping,
Kind words we say,
A gift we give,
A gift received,
And eternal graciousness.
Beauty is,
Love, faith, hope and cheer!
and freedom from fear,
A song to sing,
A talent not wasted,
Truth and friendship,
Unquestioned.
Beauty is,
Divine love and understanding,
A glowing tolerance,
A respect of difference,
Knowledge and acceptance.
Beauty is,
A flower in spring,
A winter wind, and mercy,
Beauty is,
A bird in flight,
A summer night, and you!!!
For beauty is within us all,
Given...common...potential!
.....

Flying 

I'll fly away from me again,
Pretend to never be again,
Over sea to see again,
The other side of pain.

I'll fly toward the east I think,
The west has brought me to the brink,
In search of my own missing link,
To the south of Spain.

I'll fly to where the palm trees sway,
I'll fly to where the dolphins play,
This life makes no sense anyway,
I'll give you what I gain.

I'll fly until the sky runs out,
I'll fly until i have no doubt,
Until I know what I'm about,
I'll fly and fly again.

To you, yes you there sitting still,
Before you take another pill,
Take flight my friends, find the will,
That's it, good bye, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment