Thursday 14 April 2011

Listen


Listen to the wind,  
Can you hear it cry,  
Listen to the tears,  
As they leave my eye,  
Strain, and you may hear them,  
Hit the floor,  
Listen to the reason why?  
What for?  
Listen to my words,
Laugh behind my back,  
Listen and you'll see,  
Smell and feel the facts,  
Listen, is that you,  
Or your conscience calling,  
Listen to the leaves,  
Can you hear them falling,  
Listen to these words,  
Can you hear them yet,  
I'm sure that when you do,  
You won't soon forget,  
Listen to the world,  
As it spins around,  
Listen to the pulse,  
Of the underground,  
Listen to the people,  
And their plight,  
Listen to the time,  
As you count the nights,  
Listen to my words,  
As they leave my head,  
Then look for hidden messages,  
Instead,  
Listen to your taste,  
For the sweet and sour,  
Listen for the shock,  
And it's numbing power,  
Listen to the blood,  
As it leaves your heart,
And tell me, is it life,  
Or is it art.

1 comment: