Tuesday 12 July 2011

I Am


I am a drop in an ocean,
A particle of matter,
A bubble off level,
And mad as a hatter,
I am hot and cold,
Fire and ice,
In a place where it's getting,
Hard to be nice,
I am as rich as chocolate,
Poor as a priest,
Hungry as a hippo,
Without a feast,
I am as tall as a mountain,
Under the sea,
Short as a dog, might seem,
To a flea,
I am another in a line,
Waiting for the end,
A friend for the friendless,
With a hand I can lend,
I am as kind as a human,
Cruel as the same,
Sometimes I am humble,
And other times vain,
I am as tall as a giant,
In the universe,
There are times I am better,
And times I am worse,
I am a tear on the face,
Of a world, full of woe,
I am a flake in the wind,
Of a storm, full of snow,
I am like many other people,
But then again, I'm not,
So I give thanks,
For what I'm given,
For it's all that I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment