Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Rebel

       
I left like it was all a dream,
As if a blip upon a screen,
Like a script made up for Mr. Dean,
Lifted from a movie scene,
I'm gone before I thought I'd go,
And so it's said, you never know,
But this is real, and not a show,
Is that myself, I see below,
I'm out beyond the other side,
And on the way enjoyed the ride,
And to my friends, it's like I hide,
Although it's not my fault, I died,
I'm out beyond the edge of where,
I've left you memories, you can share,
And so it's said, it isn't fair,
How could I go, how could I dare,
I'm out beyond the edge of night,
Looking down, with all in sight,
It seems so wrong, but it's alright,
The warmth is coming from the light,
I'm out beyond the edge of time,
As if living was a crime,
I thought that I was doing fine,
But now I've gone and crossed that line,
I'm out beyond the edge of space,
And now I look upon His face,
And though no longer in the race,
I think you'd really like this place,
So keep this rebel's memory strong,
To help you through your rights and wrongs,
Although I didn't live that long,
I showed you how to get along,
And so my friends, please don't be sad,
Just think of all the times we had,
And when you're feeling down and blue,
Remember that I'll wait for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment